15 September 2007

Phoenix Win

As if the football week had not produced inspiration enough for Zephyr Rovers, the Wellington Phoenix produced their first win 2 - 1 over Sydney. "I was sitting on the edge of my seat for most of that one" said Zephyr Rovers manager Steve Hall "but it just show if you keep at it you can turn the results around". Hall said he couldn't be in Sydney for the match as he had other commitments but would be in Brisbane and Sydney in the coming weeks to check out the Australian scene. "The weather has been a bit crap this week so I thought I'd head off to Oz for a while after the next match" said Hall "I'm not sure if I'll see any indoor football and I won't be in the right place at the right time to see the Phoenix". Hall denied rumours that he was setting up an Australian tour for Zephyr Rovers. "We're not planning to play away from Shed 1 at this point but you never know when that might change" said Hall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Infinity would get a win before them.

Anonymous said...

What we need is more rusty old sheds around town so we can take the beautiful indoor game on the road.