07 September 2007

Inspiration From Banks

Zephyr Manager and goalkeeper Steve Hall said this evening that he was looking for inspiration from Gordon Banks for his goalkeeping skills in the Division 1 league of Wellington Indoor Football. "I've been reading that Gordon Banks early career was as a coal bagger and a brick layer, both occupations I'm likely to finish up working if I don't improve my goalkeeping skills". Hall said he'd looked to go down a coal mine during the week to see what he could learn from the experience. "I've found a shortage of Coal Mimes in the vicinity of the Shed 1 arena" said Hall "so I'm not working in a coal mine going down down". Hall said the only advantage of taking up bricklaying was if he could build a wall in front of his goal. "Maybe my last hope is to wear only one contact lens because Gordon Banks only has one eye" suggested Hall "I can't go any worse than with two eyes".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one ever robbed banks

Anonymous said...

My Charlie was going to rob a bank until he realised he wasn't quick enough to leave the scene