04 September 2007

Mind Games

Zephyr Chairman George Nash said today that he was talking to several Scottish goalkeepers to ascertain there suitability for the Rovers squad. "I have full confidence in the manager" said Nash "and he has the full support of the board". Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said he didn't realise things had got so bad until the board expressed confidence in him. "You know you're in trouble in this game when you get a vote of confidence" said Hall "usually means you've got less than a week to go". Hall said he'd put some long hours in training since the game by going over the match in his mind. "I find if I visualise the ball coming at me for long enough I can finally visualise it not going between my legs and into the goal" said Hall "and then if I keep at it I find we actually won the game ten nil and are winning the league by a mile". Hall said the problem with visualising at the moment was that it wasn't having the reported benefits of making real things happen. "I'm beginning to wonder if this going through things in your mind actually works" said Hall "as I never let in any goals in my pre-match mind games".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try bending spoons for a living

Anonymous said...

The rumours of Herbert moving to the shed & Hall to the biscuit tin are just rumours.

Hall's the man to lead the rovers charge for next season.

Anonymous said...

Try closing your legs you goon when the ball comes you goon!!!!

Anonymous said...

My Charlie is always asking me to close my legs.