21 September 2007

Marquee Player?

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall today issued a strong denial that he was about to make himself the Zephyr Rovers marquee player. "I think all this talk has come about after Ahmad Elrich (pictured) signing as the marquee player for Wellington Phoenix" said Hall "but I can assure our fans that we don't sign players already in our squad as marquee players". Hall said Rovers weren't currently looking to sign a marquee player although he confirmed he would be off to Australia to look at potential talent on Queensland beaches next week. "I think a good look around Surfers Paradise should give me an idea about who I should be chasing" said Hall "but I'm not going to just sign someone because they look good on the beach". Hall said he thought Rovers had the squad to stay in Division 1 and be competitive next season without signing a marquee player.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard we were signing George's entire former pub team as marquee players.