24 October 2007

Smith Coming Back

Former Zephyr Rovers "player" Charlie Smith has announced a visit to Wellington in April next year and says he will be buying the drinks all night. "Charlie says he has advised Mrs Smith that she won't be seeing him on the night of 11 April" said Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall "and if it is like his last shout I expect we'll be buying him drinks all night, not that I'm calling him tight". Smith is apparently burning off his air points but is looking for a game for the Rovers. "I've heard they still talk about my long range goal from a few seasons back" said Smith "the one where I curled it through the shed door from the other side of the harbour, right into the top corner". Hall said he would warn local establishments of Smith's plans closer to the date".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never Fear Smith Isn't Here (Yet)