12 October 2007

Hall For Fiji

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall offered to stand in as Fijian goalkeeper as their World Cup Qualifier was postponed after the Fijian keeper was unable to enter the country due to visa problems. "It's a mystery to me why I've never made my international debut as I've been available for England at all levels since at least 1972" said Hall "but if I get a chance for a bit of free travel to the islands then I'm in for Fiji any time". Hall said he looked forward to seeing whether the Government blocked the Fijian rugby team coming to the Wellington sevens. "It will be interesting to see if it is one rule for football and another for rugby". Hall said he would have approached Chris Killen for a match for Rovers but New Zealand will be playing Fiji in Fiji at the time of the next Rovers game.