02 June 2007

Smith Sees Recall For Himself

Zephyr Rovers Australian Scout Charlie Smith said he was certain the return of David Beckham to the England team would influence the selections of indoor teams like Zephyr Rovers. "I know many people think I have an uncanny resemblance to David Beckham with my suave good looks" said Smith "and like him I often feel my abilities on the field are underestimated by management". Smith said he could see himself recalled from Australia to play on the Rovers right side. "I know the goal I scored from inside my own half a few seasons back lives on in the memories" said Smith "and like Beckham I rate my right foot as a weapon that opposition teams have difficulty comprehending". Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said he had no immediate plans to recall Smith from Australia. "Smith certainly has attributes that aren't found in our current squad" said Hall "and hopefully we can keep it that way".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They Look Like Twins

Anonymous said...

Yes - it's uncanny really