20 June 2007

Second Half Blitz

Zephyr Rovers were slow out of the blocks today at the Shed of Dreams and soon found themselves down 3 - 0 to old rivals Solnet. "We started of on half a tank of gas but fortunately picked up momentum to get back in it 5 - 5 at half time" said Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall.

The second half saw a transformation with Rovers playing some of the best football of recent times. "I think what was good about the second half is we had both the wizardry of Matty Cantwell's (pictured) bag of tricks" said Hall "but also some dazzling team moves that left Solnet chasing solutions to our attacking prowess". Eight goals sailed into the Solnet goal without reply in the second half and in goal Manager Hall set up a billy and had a cup of tea. "I think I had a couple of saves in the second half but mainly it was trying to control the distribution so that we could break quickly". Hall said one goal where four quick passes went from keeper to opposition net stood out. "I don't think you see better goals than that one" said Hall "I only wished I'd scored it".

Final: Rovers 13 Solnet 5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent team performance. Beautiful passing. Sublime scoring. The team plays better with Steve barking orders in goal. Hopefully he's thought about a replacement in defense for Eddie.

Zephyr Rovers FC said...

I swear I didn't write that!!

Anonymous said...

That's three losses for Solnet against Rovers in the last three months - maybe they should drop down a Division or two.