06 June 2007

Rovers Draw

A slow start and some soft early G Shots contributed to a 7 - 7 draw today in the third place play off in the Shed of Dreams. "I dropped myself to the bench for the first ten minutes and I thought we lacked my yelling and screaming skills at the back" said Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall "and when I finally came on I banged in a couple of quick goals to help us catch up". Hall said Rovers didn't take this one too seriously as you can't peak for every game. "We didn't go all out for it and we wouldn't normally let in seven goals to a side like this" said Hall "but I think we all know we could have done better today although a draw was a fair result really". Hall said he was looking forward to the grading games now as it was a chance to have a few matches against different teams. "We want another campaign in Division 3 - so we'll be looking to maintain our position without being too good and getting promoted" said Hall "it's consolidation time".

Final: Rovers 7 G Shots 7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boys done good but they need to get back to basics and pass the ball with first or second touch. Nash & Hall will sort them out