05 June 2007

Hall Makes Surprise Return

The absence of Steve Boxall on a trip to the mainland has seen the surprise return of Zephyr Rovers manager Steve Hall (pictured) for the third/fourth play off tomorrow. "I'm carrying a bit of an injury to be honest" said Hall "so I'll probably start myself on the bench and not come on until I'm needed". Hall said he might have a stint in goal but would probably start George Nash there and see how it goes. "Nobody really wants to play in a play off for third as it is a meaningless fixture" said Hall "so we're really just treating it as a grading game at this point". Hall is also without his contact lenses as he broke one accidentally late last week. "I played outdoor on Saturday and scored a cracker goal without being able to see much" said Hall "so there is a school of thinking I play better when I can't see than when I can".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any time Hall manages to take the field it is a surprise

Anonymous said...

Hall is a legend in his own bath tub

Anonymous said...

Zephyr Rovers won't get to be number one team in Wellington without the leadership of Hall and Nash