12 June 2007

Let's Go - McIntosh In Charge

Zephyr Rovers are without Manager Steve Hall and Chairman George Nash for their first up grading game tomorrow at the Shed of Dreams. "We've only got five starting players and have nominated Col as Manager for the day" said Hall "but we're still thinking the boys will put up a reasonable display providing they find someone to fill the difficult goalkeeper role". Hall said he have every confidence in McIntosh and he could always be dropped if he didn't shape up. "It's a big step for me to take the helm of a team like Rovers" said Colin McIntosh of his promotion to the helm "but I'm confident I can rotate everyone else through the keeper role to keep myself away from it". McIntosh said he expected the demands of being player manager for a day would be demanding enough without playing in goal. "I know Steve manages it" said McIntosh "but he's a little different than your average player and something of a legend".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least it is better than Charles In Charge - heaven help us if Smith comes back.

Anonymous said...

You leave my Charlie alone - he's got a real job now.