26 June 2007

Rough Stuff

Wellington Indoor Sports announced yesterday that Zephyr Rovers was one of the teams to watch when they described Rovers as one of eight teams that pop up in referee reports about teams. "I was flabbergasted" said Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall "we're a pretty clean team since Charlie and Chris left and whilst we've had the odd discussion with a referee, I can't recall it ever being abusive". Hall said he was even more perplexed when hearing that "that guy with the grey beard is your worst offender". Hall said he thought Colin McIntosh (pictured) was one of the elder statesmen of the league and if anything looked presidential. "I was gob-smacked especially as we'd had a bit of rough stuff against us in the last game" said Hall "and Col was as quiet as a lamb".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew my fella was a bit of rough, Grrr go get them TIGER!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a conspiracy theory I tell you. People want them gone - I won't reveal who...

Anonymous said...

Chopper isn't a bad bloke.

Anonymous said...

Every team needs a hard man - Col is in the mold of Roy Keane.

Anonymous said...

Chopper is the quiet assassin