23 June 2007

One George Town

Zephyr Rovers Player Chairman George Nash welcomed George Dos Santos Paladini to the Wellington Phoenix squad and confirmed that whilst he thought there was was room enough for two big name players in town going under the playing name of George, he'd consider a change to avoid confusion. "I think people can see the similarities between us as he is a Brazilian striker in the outdoor game and I'm a . . . well you know". Nash said that he was aware the new Phoenix player used the playing name of George and confirmed that he was considering other options for his indoor playing name. "The Manager seems to think my playing name is Get Back and Cover George but frankly I think that is too long to read well in the Dominion" said Nash "so I've been looking at Nashy as an alternative or maybe Nasho or Georgie". Nash said he'd be running the ideas by marketing Manager Heather Fernandes before making a final decision.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is some truth about my George having a brazilian...but the details will never be laid bare.

Anonymous said...

My Charlie had one and it never grew back.

Anonymous said...

And heaven knows we tried to sew Charlies wee thing back on but it was too small.