03 June 2007

Hall Says Six More Years

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said today that he was heartened by Glen Hoddle's comments that David Beckham could play on for another six or seven years. "I know Glen (pictured) isn't exactly famous for his wisdom but I think he is on to something here" said Hall "if a slower player like Beckham can play on then I must have another six years in me yet". Hall said he realised he'd have to eventually move from player manager to full time football management as his fiftieth birthday was looming. Hall said he wanted to continue at least as long as the late Sir Stanley Mathews who always said he retired "too early" at the age of 50. Hall reacted to comments that great players don't make good managers. "I agree with Roy Keene's comments when asked about whether he'd make a great manager" said Hall "he said he'd never been a great player".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoddle was a great - should have been a spoon bender like me.

Anonymous said...

Hoddle is certainly a spoon