01 July 2007

Premier League

Former Rovers Player and Australian Recruitment agent Charlie Smith (pictured) called today for the Wellington Indoor Division 1 league to be renamed the Premier League. "No one call the top league Division 1 any more and I think the league should get a bit progressive" said Smith from his home in Perth "and then they could rename Division 2 to Division 1, which would make those guys feel better". Zephyr Chairman George Nash said the idea had merit and it was one the Scots had embraced years ago. "My club Rangers are in a premier league with Celtic and a few other teams I don't recall the name of" said Nash " and frankly I don't see why Indoor Sports shouldn't revisit the branding of the league and provide some decent prize money".

Smith also confirmed he'd being looking at talent in Perth but had yet to come up with a recommendation for Rovers. "The trouble is" said Smith "I've been looking at talent but the talent hasn't been looking at me".

No comments: