24 July 2007

"Like My Old Pub Team"

Zephyr Rovers Chairman George Nash was unimpressed after watching Wellington Phoenix demolish Sydney FC 3 - 0 on Sunday at the Westpac Stadium. "They looked about as strong as my old pub team" declared Nash "and the theatrics of the Brazilians wouldn't have gone down well in Scotland I can tell you". Nash said he was still thinking of purchasing a season ticket after Terry Serepisos and failed to come forward with the expected box accommodation. "I think the four Brazilians should come down the Shed 1 for a real game" said Nash "but I predict they'll spend more time rolling on the Shed floor than actually playing, clearly indoor is a tougher game and I think Chopper would scare the hell out of them". Nash said he was focusing on the game tomorrow against Jimmy Five Bellies and guaranteed he would still be on his feet at the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must have been quite a pub team

Anonymous said...

The team was full of legends, we won every cup & the league by miles!! What a year, memories......aaahhh

Anonymous said...

I remember that team and George was orange boy.