30 July 2007

Hall Wins Keeper Poll

In a surprisingly close contest, Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall has won an Internet vote as best Rovers keeper. "I do play in goal more than anyone else so I expected a few votes" said Hall "but I know Chopper has legions of fans out there and John Cao has his family connection voting for him". Hall said he'd worked on his game and had picked himself in the role after watching several of the other team members in the role. "I think it was evident as far back as when Charlie Smith was between the sticks that some people don't have the knack for the goalie role" said Hall "so I put myself in there and found out that my huge bulk filled up half the goal before I even moved". Hall said he was looking into getting sponsorship so that he could increase his intake of burgers and chips. "The Bull and Bear does a very reasonable $12 Burger and Chips" said Hall "and I thought we might take them on as a secondary sponsor if the team can go there for a free scoff every Friday".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Hall thinks he's a better keepr than Chopper, he's deluded.

Poll was rigged! Rovers should oust Hall for the Charlatan he is..

I know one person who won't renew there Shed season ticket.

Disgrunted Loyal Fan!

Zephyr Rovers FC said...

All votes were made by someone.

Anonymous said...

Hall better play a blinder, the way he's been talking it up in the press.

He may well feel the wrath of his fellow players with his EGO atttitude after winning a RIGGED poll

Anonymous said...

Hall may find he's left out on the cold and watch the Chopper in action between the sticks for the start of the match and see a real keeper in action.

Either the above or we'll find a mouth restraint, but I think Hall will be challenged by the Harp's keeper for loudest in Div1 tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Maybe Hall should concentrate on getting Rovers moving up the league instead of down, from the lofty heights of first place Rovers now find themselves 2nd last!

Zephyr Rovers FC said...

Management will deal with anyone rigging polls if we can identify them . Anyone who wishes to go in gaol is most welcome.

Anonymous said...

Hall is better than Chopper between the sticks, he just needs to work on his distribution skills...

Zephyr Rovers FC said...

I think I meant goal not jail