17 July 2007

Chopper Legend Grows

Chopper McIntosh furthered his legend yesterday when he had a run in with the Wellington Indoor Centre manager who was playing for the opposition. "The Whites team was taking liberties on the corners and Chopper quite rightly pointed this out" said Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall "but the opposition took it as further evidence that Chopper was living up to his reputation as a difficult proposition". Rovers if anything were more disciplined than the opposition and apart from a heated exchange between Zephyr Chairman George Nash and Manager Steve Hall the game was reasonably uneventful. "George gave me some advice on my distribution skills" said Hall "and I gave him some advice on what I thought of his advice". Hall said he favoured the frank exchange of ideas in the club and felt you might as well get it all out as bottle it all up. "We could never be accused of being a team that lacked an opinion" said Hall "this is not a game for the faint hearted".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hall & Nash now that would be something, maybe SKY NZ should take it up for PPV. These guys would show there true handbag handling!!!!

Anonymous said...

Not half as much fun as Smith versus Riddle would have been

Anonymous said...

what about the ref, he gave a goal to the Whites when there was a ball on court he did his performance review no harm there, Maybe Chopper should pay him a visit.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a referee who was bias towards Rovers.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm not

Anonymous said...

Chopper & the rest of the Rovers team should know that we're right almost all of the time... and the other 99% is done to ?????

Anonymous said...

I never met a ref who was fair to any team I supported