14 July 2007

"I'm No John Smeaton"

George Nash confessed today he didn't see himself as a local John Smeaton, the Glasgow airport baggage handler who has become a Scottish hero after dealing to would be terrorist attack. "Clearly he is a hard man and so am I" said Nash "but I'm better looking than him and I'm better at football". Nash said that they breed them tough in Glasgow and he was certain that Smeaton would be a Rangers fan although who Smeaton supports is not publicly known. "I'd like to think that if someone tried to blow up Shed 1 then I'd be down there doing the decent thing and drop kicking them into the harbour" said Nash "it would be a bit tricky otherwise playing indoor with the roof blown off". Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said it was reassuring that Nash would be saving Shed 1 in the event of an attack as "it would give the rest of the team time to run away".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's only one John Smeaton

Anonymous said...

My Charlie would have stopped the van hitting the terminal in the first place.

Zephyr Rovers FC said...

Smeaton has a game for Rovers any time he is in town