15 May 2007

White Out For Weeks

Ben White confirmed to day he was seeking medical advice after sustaining an injury on Saturday playing for a minor outdoor league team. "I'm the star of that team as well" confessed White (pictured) "and I don't know what they'll do without me". Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said White's contribution would be missed. "Obviously having Ben down is a loss to the side as he is a key player" said Hall "but I'm beginning to wonder if he shouldn't be starring in one of Steve Boxall's TV commercials as he certainly has a star complex".

Hall said however Craig Candy might be able to assist fill the hole left by White. Recent talks between Hall and Candy went well into the night in Auckland to convince Candy to make a debut for the club. "I think Craig said it was about my turn to buy a round and I think he's banking on a beer or two for match fees" said Hall "but I've learnt a thing or two from George Nash in this area and I describe myself as quite canny in these days". Hall said he'd be wanting Candy to play like a Brazilian "I hear the lad can do a thing or two with a football" advised Hall "he's sort of a younger version of Mystery Matt".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben who?

Anonymous said...

White was really missed - most goals for ages and least against for a while.