19 May 2007

We're Ready

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall (pictured) today said the Rovers squad was ready for a big week of football starting with the Cup Final at Wembley this evening. "I'm thinking the cup final at the Shed 1 of the North will provide inspiration for our squad who have two big games next week" said Hall "except for course George Nash who will no doubt be watching the other game north of the border". Hall said Rovers playing two games in three days would be a big test of mental fortitude as well as the physical aspects. "I know a finally tuned athlete like myself will barely notice" said Hall "but I'm not sure whether George will be looking too flash on Wednesday night, assuming his ribs hold out". Hall said he'd scored two goals in outdoor football today which was a good warm up for the indoor matches. "I'll be starting in goal for Rovers" said Hall "but it doesn't hurt to have been in goal scoring form as I may have to rescue the lads yet".

No comments: