27 May 2007

"Crude Fake" Says Smith

Former Rover and Australian Scout Charlie Smith said today the photo of him wearing a Saints shirt was a crude fake. "I know I made a bet that I'd wear a scum shirt for a day" said Smith "but one seriously thinks I'm going to keep my word on this one do they?". Smith said his dislike of "the scum" was possibly even stronger than his like for Pompey. "I can only think of one thing you'd want to do with a Scum shirt" said Smith "and let's just say you wouldn't print it in a newspaper or put it on a web site". Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said that Smith was clearly all talk when it came to honouring his commitments. "We're looking forward to seeing the genuine photo but at this stage aren't sure that Charlie will be going through with it". Former Rovers player Chris Riddle said he thought the Saints shirt looked very stylish "except on Smith".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There I was thinking Smith was a crude fake.

Anonymous said...

Smith is in Melbourne for the weekend - let's hope he gets lost.