17 May 2007

Nashing At The Teeth

George Nash (pictured) today confirmed today that he was keen to retain the goalkeeping job on the return of Manager Steve Hall to the team next week. "I think the world hasn't seen the best of Scottish goalkeepers and I'm quite keen to turn that around" said Nash "I think I've been doing quite well playing with stuffed ribs and I might even play better when they are healed". Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said he welcomed competition in the squad and would consider carefully whether to continue to play Nash in the role next week. "It's admirable that George is keen to continue in the role and he is certainly doing better in the job than Charlie Smith was when he had a spell at the job" said Hall "and I think with a bit more time between the sticks he might shape up into a keeper for the final series". Hall said at this stage he'd welcome some time back in the outfield but the finals starting position would be based strictly on merit. "Once we get to the business end of the season" said Hall "it's the strongest line up we want on the park, so the two games next week are very much selection matches for the finals line ups".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hall's the man between the sticks, Ill stick to outfield, but if the manager calls me up Ill play anywhere

Anonymous said...

Steve Hall will need to come into this game running. Big ask, after some pearlers from Nash.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Nash can sing like Rod Stewart as well? The man is a legend in his own lunch time.