11 April 2007

Rovers Go Top

Zephyr Rovers Chairman George Nash was tonight celebrating the club going top of the table at an exclusive Napier retreat. "We didn't actually play but we went top by fronting up with the administration fee which automatically bags a team ten competition points" said Nash "and this moved us from nine to nineteen points to go top of the league". Nash celebrated with a few quiet chardonnays at an undisclosed vineyard and said even in his visions for the club, he hadn't expected to lead Division Three so early in the clubs history. "Steve Hall told me when I came on board it was the vision to be top team by 30 June 2030" said Nash "and since I arrived we've jumped four divisions and are still top of the league". Nash said modestly that others had done there bit to assist but 95% of the credit was his.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I know where my Charlie picked up his drinking habit.