09 April 2007

No Controversy Over Logo

Zephyr Rovers Marketing Manager Heather Fernandes said she hoped the new Zephyr logo would not run into the controversy that the Phoenix FC one had recently. The Dominion Post had recently compared the Phoenix logo with a Nazi Party logo. "I have looked at the Rovers logo from every angle including standing on my head" said Fernandes "and I even looked at it after drinking several Kingfishers, and I think we're pretty safe". Fernendes said the new team shirts should arrive before the next match and should soon been seen around the streets of Wellington with fashion conscious men. "I think we've got penetration as a team in this market" said Fernendes "and I can see these being an alternative to the Phoenix shirts as frankly Zephyr is a better name, well according to a survey we did outside Shed 1 last week". Fernandes said she thought once they got a few posters around town with Eddie Hussey wearing the Phoenix shirt, they'd also see a few to young female layers and nurses.