18 March 2007

Hussey Has Quiet Day

Eddie Hussey said he had a quiet Saint Patrick's day, sharing it with about ten thousand friends at several Irish Bars. "I knew with a Division 3 game coming up on Wednesday I should go easy on the Guinness" said Hussey "so I didn't get to the pub until breakfast time and I left again by breakfast time, as God be my witness". Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said he was impressed by the moderation Hussey had shown and said he was a role model to his fellow players. "Charlie Smith was a model of lack of constraint" said Hall "so it is good to see the Eddie buckling down now we're up in the higher echelons of the league". Hall said he knew Trevor Hose would have been trying to lead young Eddie astray. "I think the lad has shown real character" said Hall "although it's fair enough to be having a Guinness or five for breakfast providing it isn't match day".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Trevor is a fine young man.

Anonymous said...

I only had about twety pints myself - before lunch