08 March 2007

Auer Gets Credit

Controversy swirled around the Zephyr Rovers camp this afternoon when Andy Auer claimed credit for the equaliser against Bombers. "I was hurt when I read in the media that Ben White had scored the winner against my old club" said a clearly distraught Auer "I figure I finally get my chance in the limelight and it is robbed from me by misreporting". Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said he wasn't at the match due to his dodgey back, but believed the scorer had be wrongly identified by Chairman Nash in dispatches. "I think George got a wee bit excited being at the helm in my absence" said Hall "you know what the Scottish can be like at football matches". Hall said he was pleased to put the record straight and had heard Auer had had a stunner of a match. "I think we can give Andy Man Of The Match after the fact" said Hall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said Andy had a great game in our communication Mr Hall, it was mistaken identity on the last scorer due to Ben's late surging runs.
Don't mess with the chairman or you'll find yourself in the reserves matey!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I'm the only Chairman you should listen to.

Anonymous said...

Andy is the sexy one in the team.

Anonymous said...

If I hadn't found Charlie first - I'd throw my knickers at him.