18 August 2007

Take The Long Way Home

The new indoor stadium proposed by the council near Wellington Airport and some considerable distance from the central city. "I estimate if I start jogging over there on Monday morning I should just make the Wednesday lunch time game" said Hall "but my real concern is after a bit of a run around will I get back to the office by Friday evening". Hall said he had no concerns about adding to the indoor facilities out Kilbernie way as Cobham Park was hardly a pleasant outdoor venue. "Let's face it Cobham Park is a bit of a wind tunnel and you have to duck every ten seconds as a plane comes off the runaway" said Hall "but it is a bit far for your average office worker to get to at lunch time". Hall said the council needed to look at options on the waterfront and supposing that Kilbernie was enough was just not good enough. "I challenge the Mayor to run out there in her lunch break" said Hall "and if she can jog out there, play a game and be back in town in under an hour I'll eat my underpants".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie jogged out there and back in a month once

Anonymous said...

Chopper could eat five pairs of undies before breakfast as he warmed up for a dozen belt buckles.