07 August 2007

Phoenix Friday Night

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said this afternoon that he looked forward to making his own assessment of the Wellington Phoenix on Friday night at the stadium. "I know George says the standard of the league is about the same as his old pub team" said Hall "but I thought I'd go and have a look for myself as I've heard more positive reports from everyone else who went to the first match". Hall said it was important to study other teams even in the eleven a side game as they might give pointers to how the Rovers could improve their performance. "They have four Brazilians and I have an inkling if Rovers had four Brazilians we'd be likely to be going quite well right now" confessed Hall "so I'm thinking of asking George to practice his Brazilian skills this week to add a bit of flair to our midfield".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Charlie was hopeful of a call up but hasn't heard anything yet.