01 August 2007

Close Encounter of the Losing Kind

Zephyr Rovers today put up a good fight today at the Shed of Dreams but eventually went down 7 - 5 after a controversial penalty put Harp Shooters in the box seat with a few minutes to go. "I certainly thought we had our deficiencies today at times defensively but this is a league where little mistakes get punished and we are still new at the game at this level" said Hall "and we don't seem to get much change from the referees even though we get fouled our fair share". Hall said Rovers had possession and territory for large parts of the match but got hit with the opposition pushing up quickly and losing their markers. "I have to say looking at it from between the sticks I had too many one on ones for my liking" said Hall "which suggests we still have a bit of work to do in that department". Rovers were also finding it harder to break down opposition defences and weren't scoring as many as in Division 3. "Matty (pictured) scored a few today and I don't think we're too far off the pace" said Hall "but we must keep learning and Division 1 is the place to get an education.

Final: Rovers 5 Harps 7

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fight? It was more like a limp fisted tussle to me...

Anonymous said...

I know what that is like.

Anonymous said...

I'm no expert on limp wristed tussles so I'll have to take your word for it.