11 August 2007

Silver Fever

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall did not agree with George Nash (pictured) that Phoenix were no better than his old pub team. "I was never in a pub team" said Hall "but I did see similarities between the finishing of Shane Smeltz on Friday night and George Nash (pictured)". Smeltz missed several sitters before missing a penalty in the shoot out at the end of the game. "I think even Charlie Smith would have finished one of those chances" said Hall "so it just proves even the professional players are able to miss the goal. Hall said apart from the lesson of getting Brazilians players he hadn't picked up much to apply to the indoor game. "it was freezing out there and it did occur to me that it was more comfortable for spectators in Shed 1" offered Hall "so I'm not really sure why we're not getting quite as big a crowd as they are". Hall said he might have to look at rebranding the supporters club. "I think Silver Fever has some appeal".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You play more like the Silver ferns - big girls

Anonymous said...

Eddie Hussey knows all about missing penalties.

Anonymous said...

Grey Power more like it