21 January 2008

When The Heat Dies Down

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall confessed this afternoon the last placing of Wellington Phoenix had taken the heat of him as he was now only the second most unsuccessful manager in town. "As far as I know Rikki Herbert is staying after finishing last so I reckon I'll be alright after going one better" suggested Hall "and I think we'll progress next season if we get a few professional players in the squad as I've been working with too many amateurs". Hall said he though the slump seemed to coincide with is injury and inability to go in goal. "Well even if the team slump didn't start then I felt I personally slumped from that point" said Hall "the finger still can't be bent properly and perhaps it has distracted me from my management duties". Hall said he expected the drop to Division 2 for next season. "We need to rebuild for sure and come back stronger than ever so we can win the division by 30 June 2030" exclaimed Hall.

No comments: