29 January 2008

Smith Vindicated

Charlie Smith said today that whilst Havant and Waterlooville had lost their FA Cup fixture against Liverpool they had had a fighting spirit that Zephyr Rovers could well emulate. "They're a bunch of part-timers and twice took the lead against the mighty Liverpool" said Smith "it kind of reminds me of the spirit I used to show when I was at Rovers and that great goal I scored from my own goal line". Zephyr Rover Manager Steve Hall said he thought Smith was overrated in his own mind "Charlie secretly belives he is in the Pompey first team" said Hall "and that his football career is still in its prime". Hall said he wasn't sure when Smith had been in his proime but thought it was unlikely to have been in the last fifteen years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Charlie knows his stuff