30 November 2007

Hall Meets Beckham

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall "met" David Beckham last evening at the Westpac stadium. "Phoenix had just scored a penalty and I decided on a quick dash to the loo" said Hall "I raced out into the corridor to discover that the Beckham entourage was swooning down the corridor and the kid next to me yelled out to Beckham so he stopped to talk to him". Hall said this held up his journey by some minutes. "What do you say to a Superstar who gets between you and the toilet during a home fixture" said Hall "I know I wanted to suggest he talked to the kid some other time". Hall said he was gutted by the way Phoenix lost but he would be there again tonight to see the Galaxy versus Phoenix match. "They didn't win the game that mattered so hopefully they will win the one that doesn't tonight". said Hall "and I'll be looking at a few pointers from Ruud Gullit on football management".

No comments: