05 March 2008

Slow Start Good Finish

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall (pictured) said the dreaded slow start became a reality as Rovers slumped to a 2 - 1 deficit at half time of their Division 2 fixture at the Shed of Dreams. "We were attacking a fair bit but their keeper was keeping us at bay" said Hall "but the scoring opened when I got nutmegged and it is fair to say I wasn't happy that I let that happen". Hall said a half time talk steadied the ship. "I thought if we kept our game going we'd come home in the second half as we so often had before" said Hall "and has it happened we kept a clean sheet in the second half but got four against them" Hall said their was a maturity in the team that prevented panic and Rovers just plugged away at their business. "I wasn't overly troubled in the second half in goal and they were left at taking long range shots" said Hall "and we managed to knock a few in and get our noses ahead". Hall said it was great to get the campaign off with a win but said the match showed Division 2 would be no picnic.

Final: Rovers 5 West-I's 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The crucial 2-2 goal was a stunner I might add.