14 March 2008

Birthday Boy

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said he had no intentions of retiring just because he had reached another birthday milestone. "Sir Stanley Mathews (pictured) played professionally until he was 52 and I'm not even playing professionally at this point in time" said Hall "and I can let it be known that I'm not quite 52 either although it seems to get closer every day". Hall said he expected to spend the day quietly but would give himself a day free of the training ground. "I don't think I'll be doing any shuttles today" said Hall "it is more a day for chocolate cake really". Hall said with Rovers undefeated in the league he could afford to relax for twenty-four hours. "I bought myself Fifa 08 so looks like I'll be taking Port Vale to world domination" said Hall "I'm going to play against Glasgow Rangers and Pompey and kick their butts".

No comments: