28 February 2008

Same Old Rituals

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall said this afternoon that whilst he was expecting Rovers to give Toitu Te Whenua a hiding, he would still be going through his normal prematch routines including all his usual pre-match rituals. "I won't be doing anything special, just the usual stuff of praying towards Shed 1 eight times in the morning, having two poached eggs, tying my left lace first, bouncing the ball five times before I go on the pitch" said Hall "but I'm not crazy like Adrian Mutu (pictured) who wears his underwear inside out and I'm not doing a Peter Schmeichel and parrying exactly one hundred shots before every match". Hall said he wouldn't be taking on some of David Beckham's routines. "He apparently buys exactly twenty packets of noodles when he goes to the Supermarket and constantly rearranges cola tins in his fridge" said Hall "although I usually buy a dozen beer at a time so who knows if I'm going that way". Hall said as long as each Rovers squad member wore their lucky rabbit foot then Rovers should wallop Toitu Te Whenua.

No comments: