20 February 2008

Chopperless

Zephyr Rovers took on Meatballs yesterday at the Shed of Dreams without the services of Colin "Chopper" McIntosh (pictured). "It was a sad day for the club and I believe Nobby Styles sent us some flowers in recognition of the occasion" said Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall "we were a bit soft around the park to be honest". Hall said the late disappearance of Matty Cantwell due to pre-match tension, left Rovers with late replacement Jamie Johnston. "I think we know Matty has some unique talents in dribbling" said Hall "but let me tell you Jamie has the nest left foot I've seen since Stev Wooddin". Hall said Johnston cleaned up in the goal scoring stakes and gave Rovers soem go forward. "We were a bit iffy defensively and I had a a bit of a shocker as my hand is still a bit sore" said Hall "but I think we'll be entering into negotiations with the lad about joining the squad". So a Chopperless Rovers started the Chopper free era with a win.

Rovers 12 Meatballs 7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's a real man like my Charlie