26 February 2008

Pollock Stunned

Zephyr Rovers supporters club president Liz Pollock was stunned today when her favourite other team Tottenham Hotspurs finally won something. "I've been told Liz was so stunned she hasn't been able to speak all day" said Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall "I mean she started the season just praying they'd avoid relegation and now they've won the tin pot cup, I think they call it the Carling Cup, or is that the Milk Cop, I lose track". Hall said he couldn't quite believe Spurs had made the final and can only think the win over Chelsea had some connection to Russia. "I'm sure there were a few bets on for the favourites Chelsea to lose" said Hall "it's about the only rational explanation for Spurs winning anything at all". A spokesman for Spurs said no one could believe the result and they thought in the circumstances that Toitu Te Whenua might even have a chance against Rovers on Friday. "Let's not stretch the imagination too far" said Hall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blame Torchwood

Anonymous said...

Spurs will never get a decent trophy again