18 February 2008

Jones Acknowledges Chopper

Former Wimbledon, Chelsea and Leeds United hard man Vinnie Jones acknowledged today the role Colin "Chopper" McIntosh had played in his career. "I don't think I'd have got quite the reputation I'd got if I hadn't had encouragement from Chopper" said Jones "I mean I got to be Welsh captain and it isn't everyone who can say that". Jones was also known for his tactics against Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne. "Yeah I learnt that trick from Chopper" said Jones "the key according to Chopper is to look inoffensive on the field as far as the ref is concenred" said Jones "but then to get a bit of quiet enforcement in on the sly". Chopper for his part was modest about his role in training Jones. "I don't recall talking to him" said McIntosh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Charlie would have given Vinnie Jones a kick in the balls anytime - he was a soft c**t

Anonymous said...

is chopper the new tackling coach at birmingham??