12 February 2008

Bankrupt

Zephyr Rovers opponents for the first grading round Kiwibank had one players available at kick off and defaulted the match to Rovers. "Seems like they didn't find out about the match until the morning of the game so their playing stock looked a bit bankrupt" said Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall (pictured) "so we played a selection of players from the previous match along with the one Kiwibank players and we won reasonably comfortably". Hall said he forgot his court shoes and mistakenly tried to play in his outdoor shoes with cleats. "I had to resort to wearing my socks after I came a guttser when I slipped over whilst diving" said Hall "it spilled a bit of blood on the court but I got through somehow". Hall said it was nice to have a relatively easy outing against lower league opposition.

No comments: