16 December 2007

Martinborough Has It All

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall confirmed this afternoon that the highlight of his weekend away at a retreat in Martinborough was undoubtedly watching the 5 - 3 Wigan win over Blackburn. "I don't support either team but this one was an absolute cracker" said Hall "it had all the drama you'd expect in a football match and I lay there on the sofa in the middle of a great wine producing area thinking how lucky I was I'd taken the precaution of ensuring I could watch Sky Sport". Hall said Martinborough had been an excellent trip and he would be recommending other team members went there. "I heard it got up to near 30 degrees outside" said Hall "I had to shut the curtains to stop the sun getting on the TV set". Hall said it was a nice quiet town which meant you didn't need to turn the TV volume up too high. "I liked the people over there as I never saw them" confirmed Hall "although they'd struggle to get a five a side team I imagine".

No comments: