13 December 2007

Hall Injured

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall was injured yesterday evening whilst playing for Shapeshifters in an evening Indoor Football fixture. "I wasn't even meant to be playing and I certainly wasn't meant to be in goal" said Hall "but I tipped a hard drive around the post and it literally ripped the skin of my finger as it meant backwards from the force". Hall said after 15 minutes stemming the blood flow he was out back on the pitch but he was sure he wouldn't be in goal for Rovers next match. "The finger has got a bit sore since the match and I had a couple of stitches" said Hall "so I might be sitting out the next match and giving the lads a bit of sideline advice". An anonymous spokesmen for the team said they looked forward to being yelled at from the sideline rather than from the goal. "They needn't think I won't be offering some coaching" said Hall "especially anyone who gives away a cheap goal".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you can still give the birdie...

Zephyr Rovers FC said...

That's golf

Anonymous said...

The perfect finger to show the refs.