08 June 2008

Mystery Out Of His Shell

Zephyr Rovers Manager Steve Hall indicated this afternoon that bringing Mystery Matt Cantwell out of his shell would be a key to doing well in the coming season. "He can be a bit shy and reserved although I think he likes his football to do the talking" said Hall "but really we don't want him wearing his shirt over his head too often as he might forget where the goal is and who knows hew might fire goals past me". Hall said it was important to use the skills of Cantwell in the opposing half off the field. "I saw Matty play for two or three minutes in goal last week and I can tell you he is no Gordan Banks" said Hall "and just quietly he won't be regularly at the heart of our defence even if he does play sweeper for his eleven a side team". Organisation is all important in this league and putting Matty up front is one of the easier team selections I make each week" explained Hall "he makes me nervous when he gets the ball right in front of my goal".

No comments: