17 June 2008

Go Tiger

Zephyr Rovers manager Steve Hall said this morning he was always willing to learn from other sports in his bid to get Zephyr Rovers to the top of Wellington indoor sports by 30 June 2030. "I was watching Tiger Woods this morning winning the US Open and it reminded me a bit of George Nash (pictured), and a little bit about myself" said Hall. Hall claimed that Tiger was obviously playing with an injury and that reminded him of George. "Playing on whilst not a 100% is certainly something that George would do" said Hall "whilst what I recognised about myself is the fierce drive to win". Hall said the never say die attitude of Woods was something Rovers needed in the big games. "I think the big thing in indoor football is to be able to come from behind and win" said Hall "we're not going to win every game from scoring first and staying ahead". Hall said he had had no report on when Nash would be back in the team but it would "no doubt be before he is 100%".

No comments: