23 April 2008

West-I's Wasted

Zephyr Rovers today comprehensively wasted West-I's in a Division 2 clash at the Shed of Dreams. "We were expecting the TV to be there to cover a star of the internet but it was surprisingly low key" said Hall "in fact once Jamie got up a head of steam he was unstoppable". Hall said West-I's turned out to be a bit like West Ham, lacking much attacking penetration. "Matty even forgot to turn up for the fixture, we think he fell asleep at his computer screen whilst studying how Riise managed to score for Chelsea with a close range own goal". Sometime Liverpool follower was out injured and therefore wasn't able to provide comment on why Liverpool scored an own goal under no pressure but Hall said maybe it was "Grobellar all over again". Rovers meanwhile never looked under pressure and George Nash even found time to score from a Hall delivered pass. "You know when George is scoring from near half way the oppo has gone to sleep" said Hall "and I'd have played a blinder if I'd touched the ball more than twice".

Final: Rovers 8 West-I's 2

No comments: