07 September 2008

International Retirement

Zephyr Manager Steve Hall declared his international retirement today after failing to be called up for the New Zealand team to play New Caledonia. "Fortunately I'm still able to consider representative honours as I played today in the Town versus Country at North Wellington club" said Hall "and you'll find my name on the card for the second team on the same day although I never got on the field, in fact I never even put my kit on". Hall said he had not phoned Rikki Herbert for an explanation but he knew Herbert had a lot on his mind with the recent form of the Phoenix. "I'm tempted to give Rikki a few pointers again" said Hall "but I've got every confidence New Zealand will beat New Caledonia this evening but disappointed I won't see any of the million for qualifying for the Confederations Cup. Hall would not say what his fee for playing for Country was over the weekend but said "I love football and will play for free if I have to". Hall played no international games for either his birth country or his adopted country but always felt he was close to a call up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad Day